Published on August 23, 2021
Blood Flow Boosting Foods
It’s no secret that proper blood flow is essential to the overall health and function of our body. But how can it be improved? One of the best (and most natural ways) to do so is through nutrition.
If you feel like your circulation could use a boost, consider adding these healthy foods to your diet—or eating more of them without going overboard—and see if you notice a difference.
1. Omega-3s. Fish aren’t the only way to ensure you’re getting Omega-3s into your diet. Protect the lining of your blood vessels with chia seeds and nuts in addition to fish like salmon.
2. Leafy greens. Did you know that leafy greens are good for blood vessel health? Things like arugula, brussels sprouts and broccoli make great sides with dinner.
3. Beets. The benefits of beets have long been studied. Some research even ties fresh beet juice to a reduction in blood pressure. Add beets to your next salad or sandwich!
4. Green tea. A study by the Chiba Hokusoh Hospital in Japan found that green tea intake was related to a lower risk of developing coronary artery disease. Green tea also makes a great pick-me-up during your midday slump.
5. Dark chocolate. No, we’re not kidding! Dark chocolate contains polyphenols that work to mobilize stem cells, which may aid in circulation.
Want to give your circulation and body an even bigger boost? Schedule a visit with our team and learn more about the power of natural chiropractic care. We look forward to welcoming you into the practice soon.